A list of companies that registered patent statements with ISO/IEC as well as more information about ISO Standards and Patents can be found at the ISO website.
A patent license for the related intellectual property is either available
- through the various MPEG Audio related patent pools that are administered by Via Licensing, or
- directly from the patent holders.
- "ISO/IEC 14496-3: Information technology — Coding of audio-visual objects — Part 3: Audio"
- "ISO/IEC 23003-3: Information technology — MPEG audio technologies — Part 3: Unified speech and audio coding".
- "ISO/IEC 23008-3: Information technology — High efficiency coding and media delivery in heterogeneous environments — Part 3: 3D audio".